Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet installation - Soil pipe entering in wrong location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

3smees23

Hi All,

Our soil pipe comes into the property too far to the left, this means you don’t have enough room when on the toilet and there is a big gap between the toilet and sink.

So we need the toilet moved over to make the suite look more symmetrical. The problem is that the mains pipe is at the same level just to the right of the soil pipe, so a 100mm offset can’t be installed.

What is the best way to solve this problem without pulling off tiles? Would it be easy to cap the pipe so we can install the offset, and then just run a mains feed surface mount from the pedestal sink which is next to the toilet?

Or would a flexible pan connector be able to snake round to the new wc position?

Please can you provide your recommendations as we don't have a functioning bathroom at the moment.

I would have posted some pictures but it wasn't letting me.

Many thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,

When you say mains pipe do you mean cold feed to the toilet cistern? If so is it not possible to cut the pipe back and fit a flexible braided hose? That way you should be able to fit an offset pan connector.
Pictures certainly would have helped but not sure how to load them myself to be honest.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet installation - Soil pipe entering in wrong location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the soil pipe in position. The supplied fitting is now approximately 130mm offset from the vertical connection. Any ideas? (amateur obviously!) Wondered...
Replies
Views
Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol) The wife is wanting to change the house around a bit, refurbishing old en-suite which is at front of house but does not have a toilet at the moment, so obviously would like one. So...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Installing a new toilet in a small cloakroom. The previous toilet was connected to the waste through a 5" plastic fitting that is attached (cemented) into the 4" soil pipe below. I can't seem to find any adapter or pan connector that will fit this ancient fitting - any advice? Or should I just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock