Discuss Toilet pan doesn't clear.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you fitted the cistern high enough to get a good flow , older style cisterns needed to be a certain height from floor

You didn't say it flushed properly with a bucket, just that a bucket was needed to finish the job. What happens if you pour a bucket down it wthout cistern flushing first and do so at roughly the same rate as normal flushing rather than slinging it down there?

If it clears then it sounds like the problem is prior to the pan, if not then it could be the pan and/or after the pan

Ok, thanks for all the replies.... To clarify...

1. You do need to sling the water down, normal pouring rate is not that successful.
2. The pan is clear and so was the pipe in the floor as far as I could tell.
3. The actual vent pipe which serves the main drainage, ie the kitchen and upstairs bathroom is further along the house. There is a manhole in between which is cemented over with a patio slab, however this was also clear a couple of years ago. There is also a manhole in the garage floor which is on the main run out and we used to have problems with it stinking. It has a carpet over it now so I have no idea if it still stinks!

From what you are all saying, should I be thinking that maybe it's more of a flow problem than a flush problem, ie the waste isn't able to draw away effectively? How can I check if the vent stack is doing its job?

my advice would be retrieve the old syphon and get a washer for it or make one from a suitable thickness of rubish sack

Or wouldn't a drop valve be worth a go? Surely a Fluidmaster has to be able to empty a cistern with as much oomph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet pan doesn't clear.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock