Search the forum,

Discuss toilet won't flush!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

handy

I replaced a siphon in a loo today as it wouldn't flush the diahragm was knackered, thing is it still won't flush??????

is there enough water in cistern? have you put the stopper in the right hole??

like for like on the syphon plenty of water stoppers in same holes as old one.

think it is a syphonic cistern.

think it is a syphonic cistern and pan.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's simples,
you have tto do it again,
put dia in wrong or its folded up,
only one way strip it down again.

the dia seemed ok and how it should be? it flushed ok a few times and took out all the water from cistern but most of the time it took a bit of water out then seem to lose its vacuum? if that makes any sense!? would this still point to the flap value being folded up?

OK, im guessing the washer from the old syphon has split and the plastic has gone through the syphon and blocked the outlet either flush pipe or pan where the water flows from cistern into pan. If its a close coupled pan then remove cistern and get your fingers in the the pan where the cistern joins and feel for a clear plastic bit of old syphon washer and remove. If youve got a flush pipe then remove flush pipe and get your fingers in the back of pan (where flush pipe joins) and remove any blockage of old syphon washer.
After saying all that normally if this is the problem then cistern will start to flush but only a small amount of water will enter pan and will continue to enter pan as the cistern will keep filling quicker than it can drain the cistern but not enough of a flush to get rid of waste.
Hope all that makes sense.

Check the length of the "C" link between handle and syphon. If too short or if handle is not giving enough lift (try moving "c" link closer to handle to give more lift) you don't get enough pressure differential to make syphon "flush".

Sorry that should read "too long" re: "c" link. You need to ensure full lift on internals of syphon.

Last edited by a moderator:
if it is a syphonic pan and cistern youmay have to replace venturi,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to toilet won't flush!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock