Discuss Too young? :/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certain older people expect to see the 50 something 'man from the gas board' type person I think with a blue boiler suit on and a canvas toolbag, and get all worried when the milky bar kid shows up.
I'm 35 and still get comments from old ladies that I don't look old enough to be running a business.

I just take it as a compliment!

maybe she wanted the guy you suby to to give her a special service?? :)

once I disconnected a gas fire in a house tennanted by a stunning young lady, when somebody else went back she answerd the door in her underwear but would not let them in because it was not me. i missed out :(

I've had it once before, I'm 25 but still look about 12! The customer emailed the house builder stating 'I do not want that boy back'. I did nothing wrong, they were nightmare customers, she looked like a troll, even had more facial hair than a chimp.

You should have seen her face when I was sent their next time, she couldn't look me in the face! Who had the upper hand then. Never know someone turn their attitude around so quickly.

I wouldn't let it get to you, just because you look young doesn't mean your not going to do a good job. I always tend to make a joke about it, normally puts the customer at ease and makes you feel better. Something like, not bad for a first attempt!

This has been playing on my mind a little bit and hit home last week.

i got sent to move a bayonet fitting (or self sealing plug for kirkgas) ;)

turned up and got refused entry with no explanation, i showed my gas card and said to contact the person i subcontract too but i just got sent away.

found out earlier this evening that it was due to my age!!
and several other customers haven't liked it either.

i'm 21 now and I'm just wondering on what you guys think about it?
and what ages you got qualified for gas at!

i'll get the drinks in, let me just run home and get my passport.... :)

Dont worry, in time this will sort itself

And why is it ok for an old lady to call you cock. But if a bloke in a pub does it he's bang out of order!?

305045_105962572846625_100002986484738_46628_1199203719_n.jpg
maybe she wanted the guy you suby to to give her a special service?? :)

once I disconnected a gas fire in a house tennanted by a stunning young lady, when somebody else went back she answerd the door in her underwear but would not let them in because it was not me. i missed out :(

it could have been u :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Too young? :/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock