Discuss Total filter or magna clean? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stu.roberts

Which is better? I've always used the tf1 but a merchant I use is trying to get me to use a magna clean, are they any better?

never had any problems fitting the TF1. Never fitted a magna clean plus there more expensive

I have used both and had problems with both.

The magnaclean valves leak and I have had one leak from the plastic body.

The Fernox TF1 is better but can leak from the drain valve. I usually add a further isolating valve or brass cap.

I am going to try the Spirotech SpiroTrap MagnaBooster next time, it has has a twenty year guarantee and is all brass and smaller & neater. Unless anyone knows why I should not try it, if so let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for the info guys, think I'll stick to what I know best then.

I use total filter, but i want to try Spirotech SpiroTrap MagnaBooster next time as well

I've fitted loads of magnaboosters on warmfront jobs and they're not a patch on magnacleans or TF1s. Really well engineered but nowhere near as effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Total filter or magna clean? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to clean out my Merlyn Truestone slate shower tray waste unit. I cannot see anyway to remove it to clean underneath. I'm stuck...
Replies
Views
How to clean the scale inside the casing and pipe rows of industrial boiler headers, in addition to chemical methods? What is the approximate...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
I can't get the glass tube out. There's no maker's marks on the filter. It's at least 10 years old, and the UV bulb is 33" long - that's all I...
Replies
Views
Back