Search the forum,

Discuss Towel Rail Valve advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howza18

Evening,

I am fitting 1.1m towel rail into a very small en-suite

you will see the original plastic pipes with the valves on in the picture. Is there a valve I can but for the towel rail that will fasten onto these valves without having to drain the system ?

Thank In advance ,

Andy

Durham

Attachments

• pipes2.jpg
    pipes2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 24
  • pipes1.jpg
    pipes1.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 19
You're going to leave the exposed plastic pipework??

You can probably get an adapter that goes 3/4-1/2 that would do the job but it'll look rough mate

That's what I am thinking. It will look a bag of Sh*Te. Any suggestions as to the best option. Cheers .

Drain down or freeze pipework and chase in wall. Looks like it's on a drop are there any rooms above?

You could use the original tails and put them on those valves. Or get a couple from somewhere.
That will leave you with 1/2" male threads which you could then just ptfe tape and use female bends or straights (chrome if you wanted). Or add new valves for iron thread.
Will look odd, but just don't admit you installed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Rail Valve advice Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday because the radiators were not working it has stopped working, if I go into the loft and press the flame button on and off it seems to come back to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. The current towel rail is 1000mm x 600mm and ideally I'd like the pipes coming straight from the ground into the rail. The distance between pipe centres is 695mm. I can get a 750mm wide rail but the centres with that are 705mm and that additional 10mm could cause too much strain on...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, These sleeves cover 10mm PVC central heating pipes (see picture and ignore tape measure) and I believe this is what makes it possible for the 15mm nut and olive to attach to take the radiator valve. As you can see they are installed before nut and olive. I've ordered a black towel...
Replies
Views
Hi all, please could anyone help me with the following issue im having. I will start off with listing the scenario in case it helps. Boiler - Ideal Icos. Property - 4 bed System age - around 16 yrs. I have a problem in my en-suite, whereby i am unable to get the towel rail to heat up - this...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone I would like to drain the towel rail in my bathroom and add some inhibitor. I have unscrewed the chrome cap on the lock shield and there is no spindle that can be turned. How can I make sure the lock shield is closed off before draining? Please see attached pictures. Thank you...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock