Discuss Train4Tradeskill pre attendence test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I am also on the plumbing course and have had no reason to doubt it up til now. I know what a previous poster means about the format being similiar to a C&G exam but this is NOT C&G exam. It has no accreditation, it does not count towards your course.
Check out the electricians forum in the same section. To date, no-one has passed either the online or written exam. I received my exam in the post on Saturday but am in the middle of fitting a bathroom so have not sat it yet.
Please please to all people on this course whether just started or nearly finished ring up and ask about these tests, you will NOT be able to book a practical until you have passed them!

Thanks for getting back to me andy. I phoned them and they said they know exam is unfair but nothing they can do about it. When you do written one you get feedback which I suppose might help. I had holidays reserved for my practical weeks as thought would be there before end of march but now will need to use next years holidays. Very frustrating

Shortage of water is never much of a problem up here. It rains for 10 month of the year :smile:
Theres never a water shortage up there as my Scottish pals believe in preserving it by not putting any in the whisky is this true regards turnpin:54:

First time I bought the old Father in law a whisky I said would you like anything in it "Oh go on then make it a double" and he`s not even Scottish I soon learned from that mistake regards turnpin
icon8.png

I have just passed the infernal exam & they actually send you your answers back if you have done the paper based one. So I have the answers.......:cool4:
pm me

i too passed this test but on the written one, told i can now do practical 1 & 2 weeks, but can't go to my nearest centre luton because i'm doing plumbing 6189 so got to go to southampton in september or worcester in june, so i'm off to worcester. Tutors at luton a great help, sorry i won't be going there.

I have just passed the infernal exam & they actually send you your answers back if you have done the paper based one. So I have the answers.......:cool4:
pm me

i've just passed too, what dates did they give you, soonest i got was worcester in june.

Hi,
I have failed the online course 4 times and have now received the paper version (which is nothing like the online tests). You say you have the answers? Would you care to share them with me please?
pm me

thats a bit naughty :) cheating !!!!
When I started the course there was no pre attendance test. Now I just want to get on the course proper. I don't care much for this H&S test which is not a requirement of City & Guilds. There's something fishy about this pre assessment test, even a couple of the tutors I talked to didn't know the answers to some of the questions when I spoke to them!

The H&S test is for your own safety. Many doing these courses have never worked in the type of environments they will be entering and come from a workplace where someone else does all the thinking for you.
Any part of the building trade needs people to have a good understanding of health and safety and the responsibilities they have not only to protect themselves but to protect those around them. There will be no one to wipe your nose in this job so you need to learn it. Cheating may kill you or someone else.

The H&S test is for your own safety. Many doing these courses have never worked in the type of environments they will be entering and come from a workplace where someone else does all the thinking for you.
Any part of the building trade needs people to have a good understanding of health and safety and the responsibilities they have not only to protect themselves but to protect those around them. There will be no one to wipe your nose in this job so you need to learn it. Cheating may kill you or someone else.

I think you make a good point Tamz, but spare a thought for the type of knowledge that is tested in an exam. Is health and safety about lists of things to remember, or is it a way of being, which is developed as we work with others in different contexts? In addition some of these tests are like quizes on Richard and Judy.

At a site induction a couple of years ago, I refused to sign an acknowledgement for a health and safety multiple choice test that I had to sit before going on site. The test contained questions I could answer, but some of the situations I had never experienced - such as working with oil-butts and working with protective glasses on all day - never experienced these things, so how could I have 'knowledge' or 'understanding of them' (in the end I signed, because the manager said I wouldn't be allowed on site - so we have no choice in the matter).

These types of health and safety tick-box tests are about 'avoidance liability', so we need to wake up to agreements we are signing, and agreements we are allowing students to sign.

I agree with what has been said about it being for your own safety, but unless you have actually seen/attempted this mickey mouse test then your stance towards it would probably differ greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train4Tradeskill pre attendence test. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back