Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss trianco oil fired external (with cylinder in attic) gravity fed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markmonty

i am on a job where the radiators down stairs are heating good but the 3 upstairs rads have no heat whatsoever, the boiler is outside at back door of house and is working perfectly,pump sounds great and set at 3, radiators are full of water upstairs yet no heat apart from at one which has tiny bit of heat at valve and up one side of radiator, im thinking air lock or needing balanced, any other suggestions would be much appreciated , mark montgomery

the pump must be ok as downstairs heating perfectly all 4 radiators, thanks for your suggestions guys i will check

Have you tried shutting down all other rads other than the three affected to force any air round? What is the water condition like if a part gravity system it must be quite old have the inhibitor levels been maintained?

If the pump was at fault Id expect the opposite symptoms ie warm upstairs (thermals) and not downstairs. Sounds like a blockage, as Roger says, turn the good ones off. Check the controls upstairs especially any TRVs - is the pin stuck down?

If the pump was at fault Id expect the opposite symptoms ie warm upstairs (thermals) and not downstairs. Sounds like a blockage, as Roger says, turn the good ones off. Check the controls upstairs especially any TRVs - is the pin stuck down?

I agree with bunker on that one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trianco oil fired external (with cylinder in attic) gravity fed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock