Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss trv on cylinder! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barryplumb

Hi everyone, had a call for a leaking cylinder yesterday, when I looked sure enough it was leaking from the return connection.
The cylinder is very old and not a problem to change.
My only concern is, on the flow pipe into the cylinder coil there is a trv which is connected to a chrome, torpedo shaped cylinder stat by a small trace wire.
If I change the cylinder I need to upgrade this to a normal cylinder stat, but with no control box apart from the old type ( on until A , blue and red type of thing), where can I wire in the new stat?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks

they are a meachnical shut off valve, like u say a trv for a cylinder. i think minimal practice will allow u to replace, maybe someone can confirm

May be wrong but im pretty sure that these tap stats dont comply with current reg-so by rites its a case of upgrading to y or s-plan as well as bypass valve , cylinder is probably old and inefficient.

Thanks guys, already suggested to customer about upgrading whole system so hope fully they'll go ahead.
I will double check if the old stat coplies to regs.

Thanks again

Don't think the old stat does comply but would work in the mean time, with a recommendation to customer that the system will require updating.

I thought that you were suppose to fit those tap sats to gravity cylinders when changing the cylinder if the customer does not want to convert to fully pumped as per part L??

If they dont want to pay for the upgrade to fully pumped then it was mandatory to fit tapstat to comply ???

i dont see how u can force an upgrade, what if they cannot afford it? hence minimum upgrade options

anybody tell me where it says on a cylinder change you must put on valves etc, part L if I'm right didnt mention changes.

if the boiler has no overheat stat the cylinder has to have aresetable stat fitted which realy means youll have to update controls

sorry, what i should have asked is, where would the resetable stat be on the cylinder

cheers, but, if its a boiler change then we know that building regs state trv's, abv's and programmables but for a cylinder only is there any reg says we must do xyz?

dont think part l only refers to boiler swaps but to any upgrades? cud be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trv on cylinder! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock