Search the forum,

Discuss TRV valve always on full. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TRV valve on one of my radiators, approx 5 years old, is always on, even when it is turned to 0. I have swapped the top part with one from another radiator, and it didn’t make any difference. Can anyone suggest anything to fix it please ?

Replace the whole valve

Although the best option is as above, I have had some success with removing the top and pressing down the centre pin in the top of the main body. This gets jammed with the crud in the pipes. Sometimes you can free it up. It works as a temporary repair, but once it has started to jam, its only a matter of time till it does it again.

Usually the top pin gets jammed because on old TRVs the gland does not fully seal and water constantly escapes and causes corrosion.

If you get a plumber in, he or she may be able to freeze the pipework instead of draining down, but it won't be any cheaper. Possibly quicker and less hassle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV valve always on full. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I have done this before in another install but the valves were Danfoss and directly compatible with Hive. I am looking for an adapter that will be able...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, The metal spindal on the top of one of our radiator valves is snapped off and the radiator is always off, is there a quickish fix for this or will I have to drain the whole system to replace it, pictures inculded, thank you!!
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on the other side I noticed a blank top with no valve or peg sticking out that allows you to turn on or off (see pictures). I checked the other rads in...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock