Search the forum,

Discuss Typical price for adding Corrosion Inhibitor to a central heating system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrian816

Hi,

I've had some work done on my central heating system (which has 4 radiators) and need to have new corrosion inhibitor added. What's the typical cost of someone coming to do this - it's a new system (7 months old) so I'm not sure that it needs flushing.

thanks, Adrian

Hi,
it deffinately requires flushing with a cleanser to get rid of the manufacturing oils & swarfe from the rads. Then add inhibitor.
This should have been done by the installer.

if you are unsure what has been done on install then you want to run a cleaner through the system then flush and fill with an inhibitor added. Its 3-4 hours work min plus chemicals.

as reguards cost it depends on what engineers in your area charge, get a couple of quotes.

to be honest the original installer should flush and add inhibitor as part of the install, this is standard practice and required by your boilers manufacture to comply with its warranty.

Thanks for your comments. The system was cleaned and flushed by the installer. When a service engineer came on Friday to replace a radiator valve the system was drained. I asked about inhibitor and was told "don't worry" but as I want the system to last I'd like to get the inhibitor replaced. Would the system need to be flushed?

not for what hes done but he should of added inhibitor when he filled the system back up

The system shouldn't need flushing again. It's good that your thinking about the maintenance of your system early on.

Inhibitor should definitely be added, what area of the country are you from? Perhaps someone local from here can give you a quote.

As has already been said, it wont need flushing and its not a very difficult job to do so shouldnt cost much. Call a couple of local companys to get some quotes.

Hi,

I've had some work done on my central heating system
Did the work involve draining the system? If so, the person who did the work should have added inhibitor when refilling. Ask him to do it on the basis that you will pay for the inhibitor but not for his time.

You should also check the Benchmark log (usually in the boiler installation manual) to make sure that the system was flushed and inhibitor added when the system was originally installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Typical price for adding Corrosion Inhibitor to a central heating system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the (rather large) underfloor pipe system. What is the best way to tell how much inhibitor should be added in this case? (also taking account that system was...
Replies
Views
We have a Daikin Air Source heat pump feeding our hot water and under-floor 8 port manifold heating system. The Daikin has just had its annual service and the engineer commented that the water looked discoloured and that the inhibitor needed replacing?? Is this an easy procedure? I'm pretty...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock