Search the forum,

Discuss Un-sleeved gas pipe, landlord saftey check. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I re-sat my ACS in April and as Townfan says There is now two classifications of AR! and the full removal of NCS.
But & This is quoted from my nice new shiny book "That said for those who feel uneasy with this stance, the recording of NCS issues may still be undertaken, but by using the businesses own internal documentation/procedures & using their own engineering judgement on the advice to give".
The second procedural change sees the introduction of a new and second AR classification for those gas installations, which have the potential to be unsafe but where turning-off the affected installation WILL NOT remove the danger. These scenarios will be rare but where encountered gas operatives' need to classify the installation as:
'AR' but DO NOT turn-off the gas installation.
DO NOT attach a warning Label.
DO complete a warning notice.
Do advise the responsible person to contact either there gas supplier or the National Emergency Service Provider (ESP).

So looking at the first post I would be thinking "Hmmm unsleeved gas pipe, well that's now an AR classification so which AR is it? OK if I turn off the Appliance/installation is the risk removed? Err scratch of head Errrr... Well yes if I turn it off then the risk is removed, so I follow the AR procedure that is where an appliance/installation which if operated or left connected to the gas supply MAY IN THE FUTURE CONSTITUTE A DANGER.
So then I explain the situation to the customer stating it is AR, The appliance/installation MUST NOT BE USED until the situation has been rectified & with their permission either repair there & then. Or if it cannot be repaired immediately then affix a DO NOT USE label, Turn off the appliance/installation & complete a warning notice, ask customer to sign it to prove you turned it off & leave a copy on site. If customer refuses to sign or refuses to let you turn off the appliance/installation record this on your notice and leave the site. You do not however remove fuses or cap off the supply for AR, just simply turn off the appliance or the ECV. record it and leave. If they choose to turn it back on after you have left then so be it, you have done all you are legally obliged to do and that's all you can do for an AR situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Un-sleeved gas pipe, landlord saftey check. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock