Search the forum,

Discuss Un-vented cylinders servicing 10 x flats..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.P.S.

Gas Engineer
Hello, Im new to this forum and have a query for you all.

Firstly, I am not G3 trained. I am fully aware of the legislation involved and have worked with G3 qualified plumbers on un-vented in the past. (Its on my list, as I'm currently doing my CCN1, etc)

Secondly, I am not installing any of the pipe work associated with the cylinders.

Now.

I have just been to look at a job that I'm being contracted onto to take over from another plumber who was binned off.

The building is a 3 story block of flats with a large open loft. There are 10 x flats within.

The plan is to install all x 10 direct unvented cylinders in the loft so to save space in each flat. (not my idea of worth while)

I was not sure what everyones thoughts are on this. I personally will be installing all of the bathrooms and installing all of the cold feed and hot out 22mm pipe runs up to the cylinders ready for who ever they get who is qualified to install the cylinders.

No obviously there is the PRV pipework to consider on each, I am assuming that it can all be ran internally to the SVP? I am aware building control may have to be involved in this.

Now this job is a partly completed project with a change of main contractor, so all of the planning and what not has been done I am the bottom rung on this one!

It just all seems a bit weird to me, but as its no my thing I don't know how it all works!

Thanks

Stuart.

Ignore the discharge pipework as it is not your responsibility unless you get told exactly what to install by someone getting info from the G3 qualified person.

Just ask to have the contact details of whoever G3 person they decide on. Tell them any discharge pipework has to be the responsibility of the qualified unvented installer and as they could possibly have an entirely different idea to yours, you therefore will only fit the pipes to their spec.

the runs to the lower flats will require secondary returns or they will be waiting a week for hot water pumps will have to be in the flats of cables run from each flat if pumps go in loft

Ok thanks for the help so far guys. I forgot to mention that the ground floor is a restaurant not flats, so no need to secondary return, plus all the cylinders are not equipt with a tapping for this!

I will get hold of the G3 guys details and chat with them about what they want to do.

Cheers.

Stuart.

Ok thanks for the help so far guys. I forgot to mention that the ground floor is a restaurant not flats, so no need to secondary return, plus all the cylinders are not equipt with a tapping for this!

I will get hold of the G3 guys details and chat with them about what they want to do.

Cheers.

Stuart.

still have a feeling you will need a sr as anymore than 25 seconds you need one

Ok bud cheers, Il have to bring this up when I next speak with the contractor. I think they've underestimated this job to be honest.

Thanks for the advice.

Stuart.

Unvented cylinders require an annual service.

Who is going to be responsible for organising this, ensuring each flat owner / occupier is aware water may be off for an hour or two? Who will the cylinders belong to, the flat owners or the management company?

Really sounds like a recipe for a maintenance nightmare in a couple of years time.

Cheers.

Stuart.

Who's public liability insurance will you be under? I would check and see if yours covers you for the job, most have a building height limitation clause now.

Just for your info, safety valve pipework will not be allowed to discharge into soil stacks.

Who would see the valves discharging under fault conditions ?

Max 6 flats into a common discharge, plus one size larger than longest run.

(Well that is if BC actually know anything about G3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Un-vented cylinders servicing 10 x flats..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock