Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Unused Warm Air Heating System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ginnes

We have recently moved into a house which has a combi boiler with radiators in each room.

However it is obviously a recent install and it replaced a warm air system. They have not blocked up any of the vents or removed the ducting.

I am a little concerned that these vents will continue to spread dust (and be a breeding ground for germs?) around the house. Is it sufficient simply to block up the vents or should the system be removed completely.

Thanks for any help.

I liked the old warm air system, anyway there are loads of them around here and everybody goes down the wet system route.

Yeah, the way to decommission it properly is to remove the louvre vents in each room and make sure the feed from the original hot air unit is blocked off aswell. Check the gas supply is capped off properly.

The ducting for these systems was often laid into the concrete slab as the house was built so you will never get to fill that ( can be a route for a re-wire downstairs).

The hit and miss end vents are usually well built in so have the mini angle grinder etc and some plasterboard and plaster ready !

centralheatking

Yep what he said.
Pity they put wet in, i fit warm air all the time and find most people that have it wouldn't get a wet system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unused Warm Air Heating System in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock