Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Unusual Boiler Suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon10101

Evening all,
Any suggestions for a gas CH boiler that's not a white box?
It's for a listed building, needs 120,000+ btu (big old farmhouse). CO is driving me nuts with his restrictions on flue outlets... there's an unused inglenook fireplace so one possible solution was to combine with a range cooker (kitchen needs a refurb), eg Heritage, but they don't do gas anymore. Could fit a floor standing gas boiler in place but it's going to look pants! Don't really want to swop to oil fired... Thoughts?

Thanks E, hadn't come across Klover before, will have a look at running costs.
A, hiding the boiler is kinda feasible, but the Preservation Officer (must try not to say that to his face!) doesn't like the flue through the roof, hence the desire to try and use an existing chimney.

Thanks E, hadn't come across Klover before, will have a look at running costs.
A, hiding the boiler is kinda feasible, but the Preservation Officer (must try not to say that to his face!) doesn't like the flue through the roof, hence the desire to try and use an existing chimney.

Put boiler in loft, break into chimney, fit vertical flue terminating like a chimney pot, leaving openings for future inspection., maybe?

Klover's are nice units, after months of searching we settled for those as our offering for smaller domestic and 'in house' units. You can see them at this weeks Houdebuilding show at the NEC - there's a Klover unit in the Energy Saving House. (120,000 BTU's/hr is only 35kW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unusual Boiler Suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock