Discuss Unusual Boiler Suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon10101

Evening all,
Any suggestions for a gas CH boiler that's not a white box?
It's for a listed building, needs 120,000+ btu (big old farmhouse). CO is driving me nuts with his restrictions on flue outlets... there's an unused inglenook fireplace so one possible solution was to combine with a range cooker (kitchen needs a refurb), eg Heritage, but they don't do gas anymore. Could fit a floor standing gas boiler in place but it's going to look pants! Don't really want to swop to oil fired... Thoughts?

Thanks E, hadn't come across Klover before, will have a look at running costs.
A, hiding the boiler is kinda feasible, but the Preservation Officer (must try not to say that to his face!) doesn't like the flue through the roof, hence the desire to try and use an existing chimney.

Thanks E, hadn't come across Klover before, will have a look at running costs.
A, hiding the boiler is kinda feasible, but the Preservation Officer (must try not to say that to his face!) doesn't like the flue through the roof, hence the desire to try and use an existing chimney.

Put boiler in loft, break into chimney, fit vertical flue terminating like a chimney pot, leaving openings for future inspection., maybe?

Klover's are nice units, after months of searching we settled for those as our offering for smaller domestic and 'in house' units. You can see them at this weeks Houdebuilding show at the NEC - there's a Klover unit in the Energy Saving House. (120,000 BTU's/hr is only 35kW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unusual Boiler Suggestions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I have a Firebird Enviromax external oil boiler, it has a Riello RDB2.2 C26 burner which keeps locking out. It has been an ongoing...
Replies
Views
schubes18
S
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
I'm going to need a new boiler before too long, it's been in there for a while and really showing it's age. My current boiler is 55k BTu and does...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler...
Replies
Views
I just bought a new flat and I can't get the combi boiler to start up. It turns on, and although it is old I have no reason to believe it...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back