Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder in loft with open vented heatinf in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a job putting an unvented cylinder in loft, (I’m G3) but they have open vented heating. I’m wondering if this will be possible as flow into cylinder will be higher than f and e tank. Worries about pumping over, any thoughts? Convert heating to close system first?

Agree only way is to seal the system

Sealing the system is not the only way. You could lift the F & E tank above the cylinder. Sealing a system is all well and good but not the only way and not always an option.

Sealing the system is not the only way. You could lift the F & E tank above the cylinder. Sealing a system is all well and good but not the only way and not always an option.

I agree you could raise the tank above the cylinder if theres room but I suggested sealing it because hes in the loft anyway and might as well do away with it and free up some space.

I agree you could raise the tank above the cylinder if theres room but I suggested sealing it because hes in the loft anyway and might as well do away with it and free up some space.
Ive installed sealed heat pump systems and others with a plate and many other variations and configurations. I was mere pointing the (sealing the system) was not the only way

Reply to Unvented cylinder in loft with open vented heatinf in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Hi guys, I have a question regarding converting an open vent system (copper cylinder) to pressurized, reason being not enough drop from the loft...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock