Discuss Unvented cylinder installed but no G3 qualification in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Looks fine only nit pick is combo / inlet valve not above cylinder but that’s only a real issue when servicing cylinder just needs to be drained
Hi Shaun, did you mean draining will be the cylinder itself, not the primary water of your heating system?

Actually, when someone comes to do annual service for boiler and cylinder, do they need to drain the system every year/time?

Thanks in advance for letting me know!

Hi Shaun, did you mean draining will be the cylinder itself, not the primary water of your heating system?

Actually, when someone comes to do annual service for boiler and cylinder, do they need to drain the system every year/time?

Thanks in advance for letting me know!
Around half of your hot water from the cylinder (not water to your radiators) would need to be drained should there be an issue with the brass combination valve.
It’s not fitted wrongly as there are no rules about where it should be fitted but best practice is to fit it as high as possible.

Around half of your hot water from the cylinder (not water to your radiators) would need to be drained should there be an issue with the brass combination valve.
It’s not fitted wrongly as there are no rules about where it should be fitted but best practice is to fit it as high as possible.
Thank you Scott_d for your input!
According to what you said, if no issue with the brass combination valve, then no need to drain the cylinder?
That is to say when do servicing cylinder no need to drain it?

Thank you Scott_d for your input!
According to what you said, if no issue with the brass combination valve, then no need to drain the cylinder?
That is to say when do servicing cylinder no need to drain it?
There isn't a need to drain on servicing as you can take the filter out without draining it as there's a non return valve after the filter. Providing it isn't faulty you should be able to clean the filter out.

As others have said it's best practice to fit it high as possible, but it isn't incorrect. I've fitted many low down due to installation constraints etc. Even the one in my own house is nearly at the bottom of the cylinder.

There isn't a need to drain on servicing as you can take the filter out without draining it as there's a non return valve after the filter. Providing it isn't faulty you should be able to clean the filter out.

As others have said it's best practice to fit it high as possible, but it isn't incorrect. I've fitted many low down due to installation constraints etc. Even the one in my own house is nearly at the bottom of the cylinder.
Thanks a lot for this point!
I thought every time do serving needed to drain the cylinder due to low positioned combined valves...
If no need, then it is simpler for both engineer and my mind:)

By the way, cleaning the filter out is part of serving right?

Thank you Simon!

indemnity policy seems a good idea as I heard building regs notification/Building Control cost is hundreds of pounds...

I attached photos for your reference, if you need more detailed photos or different angles please let me know!

I understand your general note, but I assume many normal customers/household people won't know what qualifications to do the gas jobs. I knew he was worcester bosch accredited installer, I knew he is GSR registered, I thought that was enough.
But only GSR today confirmed to me I do need unvented cylinder installation certification which only can be issued by G3 qualified engineer....

Nice if blockLooks like it's fitted correctly, and overall not a bad job. I've seen qualified G3 engineers do much worse of job, and leave them in dangerous conditions...

I'd leave it, it's fitted now. You'll struggle to get anyone else to sign it off, and the cost of getting it authorised by Building control will just be not worth it.
Old thread now..But... Nice if group-block was higher up and from the tiny photo on my phone I assume the T&P has its own tundish or connects to one that is showing as cannot see clearly.

Looks like it's fitted correctly, and overall not a bad job. I've seen qualified G3 engineers do much worse of job, and leave them in dangerous conditions...

I'd leave it, it's fitted now. You'll struggle to get anyone else to sign it off, and the cost of getting it authorised by Building control will just be not worth it.
Ignore my last comment. I can see it is a Tee not an elbow now on the PC big screen

Reply to Unvented cylinder installed but no G3 qualification in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock