Search the forum,

Discuss vaillant boiler service is really rubbish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
recently installed a vaillant boiler, leaking, called them, engineer did not turn up, called again, said i should pay for 13 pounds car parking, that means i have to wait in the car park for a whole day? landlord does not want to pay for it, then vaillant refused to repair it, what a rubbish service! leave the customer in cold...

It is poor,as the engineer would get it back on expenses!!if it's a permit situation ie London/Brighton then I would expect some help from home owner.
Let us know how you get on

Love permits. Newcastle City council told us to pop to van every 15 mins won't get a ticket even when on yellows...... Longest we have tried is 4 hours

Yeah I agree vaillant service is poor. They look for installation faults and slag off the installer. My mate fitted one and that I commissioned and they went back to look at something. Told the customer that it should have never been fitted as it is oversized and that they have paid more than they should for the boiler. It can be down rated so rather than shut up about it he made him look bad and customer wasn't happy. Have also had to go back to another one before they would repair to sleeve a 1 1/4 Condemse pipe. That said they are the best boiler in my opinion and we have fitted around 50 the last couple of years. Rarely get a call back. heard worcester are good for there manufacturer recalls

Wouldn't touch Vaillant with a bargepole use to be good but there tech helpline is (or Was) a joke, they lost me as an installer 3 years ago.

terrible manu always blame installer we fit hundreds, last year there was definatly a problem with gas valves the engineers were making us clean the heating system just to play for time even though we send off water samples to fernox to activate the guarantee and when I had the plug they supply incorrectly marked up they argued the plug was green not blue, how pathetically childish I fit them cause I have to not want to

so pleased folk are realising how bad vaillant are now..such a shame...i say now..its been in decline for the last 10years or so..i to would not touch

their tech line is crap now had a troublesome exclusive last week and they were about as much good as a chocolate fire guard third guy i got was good first one sounded like a yop kept saying super

i like vaillant boilers but they are definitely going down in quality and their warranty is pants

ideal are the best in terms of warranty, from my experiance they dont make excuses

Never had a problem to be honest always same or next day call and always carried out repairs as needed.

Ive fitted one but always tout baxi or ideal, simly better warranties.
I wont recommend vaillant simply on terms of cost or warranty

I have a customer who used to get Vaillant to do her servicing and earlier this year she asked me to do it , when i rmoved the burner and the cover for the combustion chamber it was evident that they had never taken it out, the boiler is around 6 years old so the door and its seal shouldve been removed and replaced at least 3-4 times but i dont reckon itd ever been done,, they arent cheap for there service either ,,, they mustve just done the analyser test then thats it,

I have a customer who used to get Vaillant to do her servicing and earlier this year she asked me to do it , when i rmoved the burner and the cover for the combustion chamber it was evident that they had never taken it out, the boiler is around 6 years old so the door and its seal shouldve been removed and replaced at least 3-4 times but i dont reckon itd ever been done,, they arent cheap for there service either ,,, they mustve just done the analyser test then thats it,

i thought the seal was good for 5 years ?

The caliber of engineers have suffered too, their now taking button pushers from the call centre, and via a stint in technical (where they are put through their acs) then sending them out as engineers with absolutely know experience.............

only as a recommend

I never had a problem with them. But the company I used to work for installed 100's a year and I knew the local engineer from a stockists.

I am not a big fan of vaillant the ones i have installed over the years always seem to have teething problems.( or maybe I'm pants)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant boiler service is really rubbish in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock