Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vaillant flue ... ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

hello lads,

I just wanted to update anyone who is installing a longer flue outside.
I called Vaillant today to find out what kind of flue I could use for outside. They have told me twice I could use the standard flue which is rain resistant BUT ( couldn’t believe my ears ) when it comes to join to extensions together I need to use silicone and then put the clamp around. Once that’s done, I have to tighten the clamp and put from outside again silicone around to create a water tight seal :D

Sorry guys but that can be only done in uk haha haha

hello lads,

I just wanted to update anyone who is installing a longer flue outside.
I called Vaillant today to find out what kind of flue I could use for outside. They have told me twice I could use the standard flue which is rain resistant BUT ( couldn’t believe my ears ) when it comes to join to extensions together I need to use silicone and then put the clamp around. Once that’s done, I have to tighten the clamp and put from outside again silicone around to create a water tight seal :D

Sorry guys but that can be only done in uk haha haha
I have had this argument with them before. I think this is a stupid rule and I fit Vaillant’s. I AR them if there are corroding.

So what you going to do

I have had this argument with them before. I think this is a stupid rule and I fit Vaillant’s. I AR them if there are corroding.
I would think plastic would have been better like a plume kit. Perhaps it would be also not as great as you can pull them too easy apart.

Your not going to install the white flue externally are you ?
NO! I did say I will comp,y to r gas which means I will run the flue externally and will use the silly silicone as they told me. However, it’s not the right way in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant flue ... ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I was hoping someone could advise regarding the regulations around flue terminations through a 'fake' window. We have a...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock