Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss valliant ecomax pro18e boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maclee

Need help i have a valliant ecomax pro18e boiler and i got up this morn to switch on and no heating i have turned boiler off for 10 secs to reset but nothing.
The LED at top of panel is green but on the lcd display theres no flame showing.
any help folks winters coming

thanks

If it's flashing an error code check it in your manual.
Also check your pressure, should be 1.25 - 1.5 bar, then reset if required.
If you can't make sense of it, get a Gas safe Registered Repair Engineer.

no flashing red light as it says in manual. green light lit,
but like i say no flame icon showing like before.

I know it sounds silly but are all your controls on and thermostats turned right up?
Also is the the ecomax or ecotec pro?

ahh sorry i just realised the boiler. This is a system boiler right?

Ok first thing to check is that there is 230v power at 4 on the terminal block inside the boiler.
To check all the controls are on and working and also the zone valve is activating the microswitch.

Can i ask is your hot water firing it up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the hot water circuit heat though?

The is usually two zone valves or 1 three port valves in or around the area with the cylinder cupboard turn on the hot water does one of them let past and the other not?

The one that doesn't is likely to be stuck or broken.

Depending how much you know the easyiest way to find out is to link it out in the control box and see if it fires?

Let me know more infomation.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to valliant ecomax pro18e boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock