Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss van sign writing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alan m

Just in the process of getting my van sign written, I was just wondering what your thoughts were for putting prices on your van. (back doors only). Obviously I would quote prices from,but has anybody done this and do you get customers saying it's quoted as x amount on your van.

Thanks

Alan

IMHO it marks you out as being the low end of the market and you may miss out on the more lucrative jobs.

Dont keep the van to long as the price of gear is rising...

I did actually think that, Mike Jackson. Clarky101 ,are you saying don't get it sign written as you would be advertising your trade.
Thanks
Alan

Sorry Clarky101 I have totally missed your point, I should think before I type.

Thanks

Alan

Not a good idea. For one thing when you pull up alongside half of the local plumbers vans at the merchants, they'll all know what you charge. The other half will pee themselves laughing at you advertising your prices.

Nowt wrong with sign writing....dont bother with prices though bad idea imo...

Nowt wrong with sign writing....dont bother with prices though bad idea imo...
I totally there is nothing wrong with sign writing and in many ways there are advantages a benefits from doing so I have simply never thought it necessary

I got the magnetic ones, only trouble is that they do mark the van...

If you just intend to trade on price - yes. If not - no. Trouble with any business, once you differentiate ONLY on price, watch your margins go down the plug as there'll always be someone else who shaves a bit off. You will also possibly lose the oppo to make a great first impression on a prospective customer as you might not get in the door, to talk about price. You will have given the game away before it has started.

What about BRAND NEW heating system installed ! only £2395 all materials must be supplied by the home owner in the small print.
Thats not unlike one particular large company on the big sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to van sign writing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable...
Replies
Views
V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock