Search the forum,

Discuss Venting Question for shower drain in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Remodeling a single wide mobile home bath, so I know I am already in the weeds
smiling smiley

We are putting in a shower pan and I have a couple of questions regarding the shower drain and vent.?

As you can see in the image the 2" vertical vent runs along the wall and exits up behind the old tub shower plumbing, I can to do a touch of rerouting there so it comes up through the wall instead of up the floor but basically will be same as original, the old tub drain went into this pipe above the floor with a trap.

It is about 3 feet from where the vent goes vertical until it hits the main.

The new shower pan drain is a center drain, and I will be running it over and connecting to the main as indicated, about 4 feet of line.

First Question. Am I good just running my shower drain to the main, or do I also need to put a sanitary T in and branch over to the vent before getting to the main? I guess the question is will I have enough vent from the main where it is connecting or do I need to get to the hook to the vent closer to the drain.

Second Question, as noted in the image there is a steel beam (remember its a mobile home) running under the studs fairly close to where the drain needs to go, and very well may interfere with the P-trap, can I bring the drain over the beam about 18" (I know slope would still have to be correct, then have my Ptrap on another side of the beam so it won't interfere?

Floor joist are 2x6, and sitting on the beam, so not a ton of room to work with above the beam.
2020-06-26 14_08_40-Photos.png

Reply to Venting Question for shower drain in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock