Discuss Very basic design question - from 'the other side'. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just the same for floors (& ceilings) is it not Ermi, that's why the polythene membrane has to go into the underfloor construction layers normally before the heating goes in.

So the good news is mike, ermi has diagnosed your problem with no call out charge, the bad news is it sounds your gonna have to spend a small fortune doing what he said, all so as you can have that L-shaped sofa.....can't talk her round to having a few bean bags and a wood burner? Never done anything with MHVR, but is it possible such a machine could change the humidity characteristics such that the temperature gradient and dew point don't intersect? (I take it your walls aren't cavity, but solid - presumably temperature gradient would be more linear/nearer to single gradient).

Last edited by a moderator:
Outside walls on non cavity houses worth considering having stud walls built in front of them if you can afford to lose a few inches of room.
Even 2x2" strong framework or bigger will do. Don't have it touching old wall & insulate the stud.

Surely there's a bit more to em than that? In the blurb I've seen, reducing condensation is sold as one of the benefits. I'd wanna be sure there wasn't a damp or water ingress issue partly cos the problem appears localised before going to the trouble of external insulating render etc. quite like the idea of the render though.

Yep garden walls are brilliant for this also down pipes discharging against house at bottom. Or concrete / impermeable footways built against house. When

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Very basic design question - from 'the other side'. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock