Search the forum,

Discuss vinegar on stuck shower thermostatic valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
My customer has a two-knobbed shower (on/off, and temperature control). The temperature control has been siezed shut for about a year. I presume limescale - it's a hard water area, with limescale marks on the front of the shower.
I just looked up the price of thermostatic valves for Hudson Reed showers - they're so expensive.
In theory, a good soaking in a white vinegar/hot water solution might free up the thermostatic cartridge. Has anyone tried this in practise? Might it work, or is just too time consuming and fiddly?
Thanks again for your advice,
Jennie

Worth a shot but you may need to obtain a seal kit o rings and silicon grease try shower doc.com....regards Turnpin:punk:

Yeah you should be fine , briar an recommend doing the same on their cartridges if it hasn't been used for a while and doesn't work

price isnt your problem, it wont keep it going that long and youll be back idc to do it all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vinegar on stuck shower thermostatic valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am fitting a thermostatic shower control. The flow knob fitting has a threaded section - 27mm OD - and it would be helpful to get a nut to go on it. Can anyone advise what I need and where to get it please?
Replies
Views
I'm attempting to replace an ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge but, having removed the temperature control knob from the housing that incorporates the temperature 'stop' mechanism, I cannot pull this housing free from the rest of the assembly. I can see no circlip holding it in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Aqualisa Midas thermostatic shower that has a very stiff temperature control. I have taken off the control knob and unscrewed the small cartridge screw with a hex key, but the cartridge is stuck fast inside the valve. I think it's a build up of limescale over several years and it...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock