Discuss Waiting time before using shower for 1st time. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hello all. I hope you guys are well.

I have tiled a bathroom (don't normally) and after grouting and reading the instructions on the bag it states that shower areas should not be used for 2 weeks. Now, I have never done this with any bathroom a tiler has tiled for me. Is 5his what you guys do?

Manufacturers instructions but I normally allow 2 days after silicon

the instructions on the bag it states that shower areas should not be used for 2 weeks.
What type of grout did you use? IME, epoxy-based ones are usually one or two days, cement-based ones three to seven days. Try asking the tiling forum,

they're really into this stuff!

Reply to Waiting time before using shower for 1st time. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this might have been asked many times before, so apologies. Just moved into a new housebuild and the bathroom tiling is not good! What...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Back