Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Want to install a new combi boiler in victorian terraced house in Reading in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lapsang

Hello

This is my first post. I have joined the forum to get some advice on how we should proceed in modernising our new house in Reading.

There is a gas fire in the dining room with a back boiler that we would like to remove as we want to install an open fire (as it would have been originally).

The radiators in the house are rusty and in the wrong places (it would be great to put them where we want) and we have room in a large area below the stairs for a combi boiler.

I have read about the possibility of keeping the back boiler and installing a wood burning stove. I'm unsure about this as we need to have hot water at all times however we like the idea of having a wood burner to heat the room rather than always putting the central heating on.

Any help/advice/experiences/recommendations are appreciated

Thanks

Lapsang

You can't keep the gas back boiler and have a log burner as well, given the state of the radiators the boiler will probably the same age and will want scrapping

You could have a log burner with a boiler fitted in it.

You can't keep the gas back boiler and have a log burner as well, given the state of the radiators the boiler will probably the same age and will want scrapping

You could have a log burner with a boiler fitted in it.

We're told it's all working fine. The main thing is we don't want a horrible gas fire in the dining room. We want an original style fireplace and radiators in appropriate places. We'd like to ditch the massive water tank in the spare bedroom too.

You wont be able to keep the original gas back boiler with a new wood burning stove.

You have a terraced house, is there somewhere for the flue to exit if you put the combi under the stairs

What about putting the boiler in the loft

Im near reading and installing new boilers is my main work if you decide you want one i can give you a quote

You wont be able to keep the original gas back boiler with a new wood burning stove.

You have a terraced house, is there somewhere for the flue to exit if you put the combi under the stairs

Im near reading and installing new boilers is my main work if you decide you want one i can give you a quote
great. i'll get back to you.

can you quote for removing the back boiler too?

Hi I live in basingstoke so only down the road, if you would like us to come take a look and see what's what I would be more than willing, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Want to install a new combi boiler in victorian terraced house in Reading in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock