Discuss Wash Hand Basin Height in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Thanks Oz, for the reply. The company foreman was out this morning and would not sign it off as satisfactory. They are going to remove that section of wet wall and plasterboard. Reposition sink 50mm to the left and raise to 850mm with new stud work at the required height or where required and then reinstate everything and I have been told I pay nothing until it is done to my satisfaction and it has been signed off by him. He has intimated that he he will be present to oversee all works.
A textbook example of how these snags should be handled and how a company builds and keeps a good reputation.

I used to do a lot of work for a landlord. When i fitted mirrors i fitted them so my face was in the middle of mirror (im tall) when he looked in mirror (he was short ) I always had to move the mirror.

Look at the work involved for a piece of timber.
Would you try and cover yourself and put an extra couple of pieces in.

We had a same issue a few months ago.
Customer wanted a new safe bathroom for his elderly mother.
Builder said to mark out where we want timber for all grab rails and so on. He wanted to put the timber in - didn't want us to do it.

Bathroom finished, went to fix grab rails - nothing there.
Fortunately had photos of wall and markings where we wanted timber.

They opened the walls and found our markings, and no timber.

Very costly mistake on the builder.
Virtually had to redo everything on the walls for the entire bathroom at his expense.

Hope I don't ever see that moron again

I always go ott with timbers behind plasterboard.

As an electrician friend of mine always says "better looking at it than looking for it". Plasterer was having a go at him for leaving long tails on his first fix cables. Always stuck in my head after that.

For wall hung basins I aim for 900mm from finished floor to rim. But ultimately it's the customers call.

Reply to Wash Hand Basin Height in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in Tasmania, we bought a brand new townhouse that has a tiny internal laundry in a closet in the...
Replies
Views
R
My version is I asked a plumber for a quote on fitting a new suite to an existing tiled bathroom. I only asked for him to remove the floor tiles...
Replies
Views
RGN007
R
So you have some fancy porcelain tiles on the job and you think you can just angle grind your way through it to make holes. Right Idea? Well at...
Replies
Views
365drills

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock