Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Washing machine drain hose connection help to sink trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pedrostar

Hi I just bought a new washing machine and it's ready to go except for connecting the drain hose. The drain hose is 20 mm and the connection where the hose is going on the sink trap is 40 mm. Can anyone tell me what kind of connector/adapter I need to get the hose to fit onto the sink trap. What would be the correct term for the fitting I need? Thanks. I attached a photo to show what I mean.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 36
You're lucky in having a cuppa tea.
[DLMURL="http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/hose-connector/48625screwfix"]Welcome to Screwfix[/DLMURL] is open till 8 today.if they don't have that just buy a 40mm trap with a spigot connector and rob that off it.will cost you another quid :)

Hose Connector | NoLinkingToThis

Last edited by a moderator:
just on the off chance you didnt leave the spigot connector on the hose of the old washer when you threw it/skiped it did you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Washing machine drain hose connection help to sink trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked...
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Hi, I am looking for type of connector to connect my tumble dryer drainage hose (Freestanding 9kg RapiDry Tumble Dryer B5T4923R) to my sink...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock