Discuss water in 10mm pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrianfs1

hi guys, i m in need of a bit of advice, changing a rad for a towel rail tomorrow, tried to do it last thing today but could not get rid of the water in the pipe to solder the joint. all i have is about 20mm horizontaly out of the wall and about 50mm vertically, obviously it was drained down, but i am still getting water in the return pipe, could use compression fitting but it is visible, any help much appreciated.

I wouldn't have thought you could solder it after it had water in it also it will be dirty and all that.

You could cut the pipe further back if you have access compression that then bring the pipe to the towel rad. If not do they do copper pushfit in 10mm?

Could you suck the water out with a wet vac? £50 from Wickes, that one job will pay for it, and you've got it for the next time you need it? Just a thought?

try using a wet and dry hoover if you own one

Ha, we must have written that at the same time. My wet vac gets used so much. I can't believe I've only had one a year. What did I do before? ....erm towels, trays, tins and occasionaly panic!!:eek:

Last edited:
mrlennie, the reason i want the water out is so i can clean it and then solder it, dannypipe and danielp nice idea will get one in morning it will come in usefull even if it dont work on this occasion, cheers

My wet vac gets used so much. I can't believe I've only had one a year. What did I do before? ....erm towels, trays, tins and occasionaly panic!!:eek:
dont want to know your personal pleasures danny.:D next time dont get caught.lol

take of your manometer hose, push into pipe and suck out liquid. being carefull not to get a mouthfull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water in 10mm pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock