Discuss water pipes & electrics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dom38

:confused: can any one help me out? i am a bit uncertain about the distance of pipe work in relation to main electrical switches & circuits , i have been asked to fit a shower and the and the only way to do a neat job is to run the pipes next to a lightswitch is this allowed?

Hi. The problem might be drilling through a wire, if you clip the pipe to the wall.

The 17th Edition of the IEE Regs should tell you. Try Voltimum site. Just guessing of course, I would say yes its okay providing they are bonded.

You don't need clips!

I like to hear the pipes banging and watch them twang all over the place.

:) :)

Came to have a look at a heating system yesterday. Large house and not a single clip in sight! The pump was suspended on a piece of wire slung up to a rail. The residents also commented that the system rumbled and rattled a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water pipes & electrics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock