Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Water pressure with unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gerard17

Is 14 litres per minute god enough for a unvented hot water cylinder?

So........you know the flow rate. What's the pressure?

Shouldn't you already know the answer to the question if you're qualified to fit them?

You need to check with the manufacturer of the cylinder what they require. Most are about 21 litres pm

If you only want 14 L/M flow rate then it is good enough, if you need more then it isn't. To give you an idea one good shower working will draw 12 L/M leaving just 2 L/M for anything else that may be on at the same time, not a lot is it.
20 might be better for you average house but it an't going to be any good for a 3 bathroom 6 bed place. See how it works ?

What type of fitting (taps) are you going to be using what flow rate do you need for them to work correctly, as before, what pressure do you have, how high is the cylinder / fitting going to be. Just a few of the things that need to be considered, it is not so easy this old plumbing lark is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pressure with unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock