Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Waterfall Tap - Pressure way too high! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I have installed a small waterfall basin mixer tap and the water shoots out horizontally when the taps is on full - in any position (hot, cold mixed).
I'm wondering if the tap is knackered or just no good for systems where the pressure is high. If it is the latter then I would say these taps are a complete waste of money.

I even tried a AFL flow restricter/reducers in my 15mm flexi hose connected to the taps but didn't seem to make much difference, although I am wondering if I installed them the right way around.

Has anyone else experienced problems with these and solved it?

Cheers

Are the taps rated for high pressure systems if they are they should be ok for upto about 10 bar depending on type will say in the instructions the max pressure tho

taps should face down into basins and baths, otherwise you just get wet.

Fit 2 isolator valves and turn them down until you get the pressure you want coming from the tap

Might be a part missing? usually the spout has a fine mess over it to stop what your describing happening.

I've had this before with waterfall taps. They look nice and pretty until you turn them on and end up with a crotch damper than after an attempt at map of Africa!

The only way I could get to calm them down - even with check valves and the supplied high pressure insert fitted on the inlet tail was what T&H suggested. Turn the iso valves down until you get the desired pressure.

Thanks Ch4 plumbing. You are correct :)
There is a mesh across the width of the spout and it wasn't pushed in properly.

I poked it back in with a piece of soft plastic and it now flows like a waterfall.

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waterfall Tap - Pressure way too high! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock