Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Welcome To Ukplumbersforums.co.uk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ProffesorPlumb

WELCOME TO UKPLUMBERSFORUMS!!

Here you will find impartial advice, hints, tips & tricks to all plumbing queries.

Whether DIY have a go or a Proffesional, all questions and comments are welcomed.

Please register yourself to get the maximum benefit of the forums, and post a little intro here so that everybody on here can get to know you!​

Hi all,

I have joined the forum because I am curious and want to ask some questions about taking plumbing courses and whether it is true that there is a shortage of plumbers in the UK.

Welcome to the forum eagleman, there is a shortage of all 'good', tradesmen. Too much shoddy work about

Hi There people iv just joined BTSC and wanted to know more about other graduets and time it took them personally to finish modules?:confused:

Hi everyone
I am an ex plumber who is thinking of returning to the trade, so I thought I would take a look around this forum

hi all im sam hadfield im a builder from north london my daughter has just got a flat which of course daddy is doing up , in her loft she has two joining zink i would say water tanks one has a leak well they are old so i want to change them,first of all how many gal tank would i need for a one bedroom flat, as the two tanks look a lot for feeding one flat i was going to get a slimline coffin tank type, as to get the new tank in, one more thing as this is a old tank in her loft you dont think this is feeding the flat downstairs but if that was the case who would be paying the water bill, thanks to anyone who my have a anser

Here you will find impartial advice, hints, tips & tricks to all plumbing queries.​

Whether DIY have a go or a Proffesional, all questions and comments are welcomed.​

Please register yourself to get the maximum benefit of the forums, and post a little intro here so that everybody on here can get to know you!​

i would check the pipework to see where it gos .
as you say two tanks for one flat is a bit big
is this a house converted into flats then possible that it supplies down stairs.

what type of heating system has the flat and hw supply ?

if its electric heating and just an immersion for hw 25 gal tank will be ok.
if your supplying the other flat then you'll need a 50 gal poss bigger
the house is 100 years old it was built one door to left is upstairs and door to right down stairs the heating is boiler with header tank , i can get a 50 gal coffin tank, what i will do is check the flat downstairs first, if it is a shared tank i might even get shre of cost, thanks all

Hello
I am trying to find a coupling that will allow me to join a metal soil pipe to a clay soil pipe as the coller to the clay pipe has cracked, so i need it to go inside the clay and outside the metal. Any ideas. Thanks

Hi There people iv just joined BTSC and wanted to know more about other graduets and time it took them personally to finish modules?:confused:

It took me 2 1/2 years and still not finnished my NVQ 3, Some modules you will get quicker than others, But it will make you really professional
stick with it.
All the best!

Regards Andy

Hi Everyone

I have been a member now for just over a month and haven't yet posted any comments so here goes.

I am farely new to the whole plumbing scene, I have just recently started at the BTSC in Chessington as I am looking for a career change to get out of the boring 9 to 5 office job, have done some painting decorating a few years back but never took it any further.

I joined the forum as I was trying to find out more about the BTSC and perhaps some heads up on exams etc etc, but also looking for any advice you might be able offer with regards to breaking into the business, ie where to search for plumbers mate type roles just to help me gain knowledge and keep my mind active during time off from college I will be more than greatful to hear from you.

Regards
Darren

Hi All been around plumbing for years both DIY and helping out plumbers. I have found this Forum very useful so thanks to all contributors. Look forward to future use.

Here you will find impartial advice, hints, tips & tricks to all plumbing queries.​

Whether DIY have a go or a Proffesional, all questions and comments are welcomed.​

hi all
ive just finished my plumbing course and im now trying to learn about plumbing.

cheers puddle.
ive a feeling this may become my second home:)
cos the training course only really showed me the basics.
water regs
cg 6022
cg 6032

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Welcome To Ukplumbersforums.co.uk in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock