Discuss We've only gone and done it again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Bertie won grade 3 agility at the Weald agility show today. Means we will be competing in grade 4 in 25 days time (have to spend 25 days in limbo to allow time for paperwork to catch up etc.). It was all very nerve racking at the show when I finished my run the scorer said "well done that's the fastest run today and the first sub 40 second run, you're in first place at the moment."

About 3/4 of the class had run and I spent the rest of the time to the end of the class on tenter hooks barely dating to look at the times from the other competitors.

We won with a time of 37.113 seconds, second place was 37.121 and third 37.131. The dog we beat into second place had just won the jumping class and is a very fast dog so we're very proud of the win.

Bertie winning grade 3 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Dad? No sh?! Ur the spit of my old man! Well done .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done to the pair of you. Not a lot in those times, bit like F1 qualifying.

I was surprised how close it was. With the timing equipment now some of the classes are won by a few hundredths of a second. It just wasn't possible in the old days of the stopwatch. It's also the reason for the demise of the pause box and table from the sport where the dog had to lie down for a set time. the judge would count the dog down until it could move on, it's just not possible to do that accurately enough without spending huge amounts of money on extra timing equipment.

well done the unofficial ukplumbersforum 'agility dog'
& mike.lol
you want to stick a sticker on his back and DAN can supply bags of kibbles for bertie.loll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to We've only gone and done it again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock