Search the forum,

Discuss What are you getting regards Current scrap prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Went to scrappers today and prices seems to be going downwards. The scrap yard is considered to be pretty good for the area.
Prices per kilo

Clean copper £3.40
brazery copper. £2.80
lead washed copper (heat exchangers) £2.60
brass £2.20
lead 90 pence
leccie cable £1.20
stainless 70 pence

whats everyone else getting.

Scrap must be poor at the moment , I left a very old 6 ft rad outside a house in cleckheaton on Monday dinner time, it was there over an hour. Be normally 5 mins.

price has been poor most of the year. them Chinese peoples need to start building another olympic games and get them prices back up.

Last edited:
I can't honestly remember the last time i got any scrap... sure it was shytepence anyway

Where ya thinking for dinner Sunday ?
3 nuns darling

i only keep pcb's everything else gets scrapped i generaly have around 4 -8 a month in swaps and conversions. so the scrap pays for my yearly holiday. i even have a sheet metal guilotine to separate copper from brazery to maximise profit as it quicker than using tube cutters. cost me 40 quid off flea bay 2nd hand.

Will know what I get cone Monday when I will way in these
6f8f2e061d70aa1b7a029873d679816f.jpg

Bought the 3 in a row at B&Q Tradepoint today for £15 (£5 each)
One of the few occasions I have been in the right place at the right time.

3 nuns darling

i only keep pcb's everything else gets scrapped i generaly have around 4 -8 a month in swaps and conversions. so the scrap pays for my yearly holiday. i even have a sheet metal guilotine to separate copper from brazery to maximise profit as it quicker than using tube cutters. cost me 40 quid off flea bay 2nd hand.

sheesh, boiler swap king ;)

sheesh, boiler swap king ;)
TBH i'm not happy with those numbers,
working hard to get it nearer 15 a month getting there slowly it was 2 a month last year.
supplier gave me a big incentive this morning if i can get turning over £35000 with them i will get a expenses paid hol/piish up to tenerife that they do every year. whoop whoop.

Clean copper £3.40
brazery copper. £2.80
lead washed copper (heat exchangers) £2.60
brass £2.20
lead 90 pence
leccie cable £1.20
stainless 70 pence

whats everyone else getting.

This is what they said id get when I calked our local in (Bletchley Buckinghamshire)
Prices per kilo

Clean copper £2.80 - £2.90
brazery copper. £2.50 - £2.60
lead washed copper (heat exchangers) priced as brazery
brass £1.70
leccie cable £0.80 - £1.00
Aluminium cast £0.60
Cylinders classed as brazery and loose 2 kilo off weight if insulated
Fan and pump motors £0.35

Feeling a little hard done by that their prices are so much lower. Where abouts is your scrappy?

working hard to get it nearer 15 a month getting there slowly it was 2 a month last year.
supplier gave me a big incentive this morning if i can get turning over £35000 with them i will get a expenses paid hol/piish up to tenerife that they do every year. whoop whoop.

Is that 35k a month?

Are you guys still getting cash we are in Ayrshire..brum

And ray thinks he can mug us off with jelly babies!!

( I love jelly babies ray!)

Is that 35k a month?
in 8 mths

This is what they said id get when I calked our local in (Bletchley Buckinghamshire)
Prices per kilo

Clean copper £2.80 - £2.90
brazery copper. £2.50 - £2.60
lead washed copper (heat exchangers) priced as brazery
brass £1.70
leccie cable £0.80 - £1.00
Aluminium cast £0.60
Cylinders classed as brazery and loose 2 kilo off weight if insulated
Fan and pump motors £0.35

Feeling a little hard done by that their prices are so much lower. Where abouts is your scrappy?
arthur brothertons otley west yorkshire i'm surprised i thought the streets were paved with gold darn sarth

Last edited by a moderator:

How did you manage to grow your business like that? Is it down to advertising? Im currently doing about 2 installs a month and when to get to where you are. Any advice gratefully received, thanks

Just hard work i suppose.
Im happy to go out at 4.00am or 8.00pm it helps to build your reputation up i do charge accordingly
Aim myself at older people rather than younger generation who generally dont have much cash but that is changing as i now offer finance.
Only real advertising i do is yellow pages i know a lot of people slag it off but it works for me and people who are aged 50plus still use it in big numbers.
Word of mouth gets a fair of work in.
I work hard at how i come across to customers so i do think customer service skills are excellent.
I make it my point never to come across as cocky .
I will always stop and have a chat with a cust over a cup of tea if offered very old folk seem to respond to that well especially if they live on their own and i have a lot of time and respect for them so its something i like to do.
always make a fuss over custs cat and dogs but that fine for me i have 3 dogs and 2 cats.
i also have a small showroom at a set of traffic lights early days but its starting to pay off.
i do not work for career landlords or letting agents anymore as they are nobs

ive found my web sites bring me minimal work in. And whilst i like the web site done through the guy on the forum(twd) it has brought feck all work. So at the moment im not overly impressed and paying nack all more till it starts working if it does at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hard work i suppose.
Im happy to go out at 4.00am or 8.00pm it helps to build your reputation up i do charge accordingly
Aim myself at older people rather than younger generation who generally dont have much cash but that is changing as i now offer finance.
Only real advertising i do is yellow pages i know a lot of people slag it off but it works for me and people who are aged 50plus still use it in big numbers.
Word of mouth gets a fair of work in.
I work hard at how i come across to customers so i do think customer service skills are excellent.
I make it my point never to come across as cocky .
I will always stop and have a chat with a cust over a cup of tea if offered very old folk seem to respond to that well especially if they live on their own and i have a lot of time and respect for them so its something i like to do.
always make a fuss over custs cat and dogs but that fine for me i have 3 dogs and 2 cats.
i also have a small showroom at a set of traffic lights early days but its starting to pay off.
i do not work for career landlords or letting agents anymore as they are nobs

ive found my web sites bring me minimal work in. And whilst i like the web site done through the guy on the forum(twd) it has brought feck all work. So at the moment im not overly impressed and paying nack all more till it starts working if it does at all.
I think something I really struggle with is the stopping and talking, I seem to just get myself in a rush, and have had 2 customers comment on this, 1 at dyno and 1 on a council contract. At the time my argument was I'm not there to chat I'm there to work but looking at it now being SE again it's something I really need to work on

Its a customer facing job we do so i think its really important how you come across to people. Also stopping to chat or chatting whilst working is important i think people trust you more if you can hold a conversation with them. Take last friday we finished a boiler conversion to combi early as we stayed late to finish it. But i still went back next day to give old dear a lift to the bus stop down the rd because i still expected to be there and had already said i would. the little things go a long way

Its a customer facing job we do so i think its really important how you come across to people. Also stopping to chat or chatting whilst working is important i think people trust you more if you can hold a conversation with them. Take last friday we finished a boiler conversion to combi early as we stayed late to finish it. But i still went back next day to give old dear a lift to the bus stop down the rd because i still expected to be there and had already said i would. the little things go a long way
Yeh massive thing to do mate I will get better at it just need to learn to slow the fark down.

Motivation is a big thing aswell. I dont have a pension and im shiiite scared of being a penniless pensioner i'll also love cars so i aiming to get a nice car payed outright within ten years these things drive me to work hard.

but its important to have time to for the family. And i always have a lie in sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What are you getting regards Current scrap prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock