Discuss What blow torch you using? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Mines seen better days which isn't bad for about 4 years so instead of just blindly going out and buying a super fire 2 again just seeing what else is available.

Super Fire 2 for me. Hardy wee thing, so I wouldn’t bother with anything else.
Be careful what it costs. You might find you can buy the new torch with a kit of Roth tools, hot bag or tote, gas bottle(s) pipe slice(s), grips, etc for similar price as just the torch.

Super fire = last year's model. Now it's all about the Rothy Micro fire!!
o_O

20190707_204514.jpg

No, I jest, it is a toy torch. I ran out of gas at a customers house and she suggested I use that rather than go out to the van. I thanked her, never tried it but it found its way in to my toolbox...

Wow, I never realized there was such a thing!
That does look interesting - surely for like electric/electronic

Nothing will solder whilst there is water in the pipe as it only allows the joint to heat up to 100 deg C, whereas solder melts at about 230 deg C.

The solder will only run once the residual water has turned to steam and left the vacinity.

Reply to What blow torch you using? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
Back