Search the forum,

Discuss What do I do? Is this a boiler issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have issues with my heating systems and find it all very confusing. Everyday the system loses pressure so I wake up daily and fill the system. Another problem I have is the hot water keeps cutting out, to have a shower I have to keep the central heating off completely and have the water dial on level 1 (on the boiler). When taking a shower the temperature often starts fine then get progressively hotter to the point of scolding then immediately goes freezing. I have run the shower and watched the boiler and the digital thermometer climbs quickly until it hits 99 then it runs through a series of error codes in quick succession.

When preparing the kitchen sink for the dishes the hot water takes ages to kick in and when it does it cuts in and out. I have to keep moving the tap to get a bowl of warm water.

I am discussing solutions with the wife and in my very uneducated opinion we need a new boiler, what I don't want to do though is get a new boiler to find out it isn't even a boiler issue.

I have checked the pipework for leaks and cannot see any evidence of pipe leaks. Sometimes the boiler itself has a very small amount of water release on the underside but I think this happens when I am filling the system.

Do I need to get a plumber out to diagnose the issue. Will plumbers come out to just diagnose the issue or would they expect me to pay them to fix it straight away too? If a plumber does come out how much would or could it cost to diagnose the issue?

Reason I am asking is that I have seen a few affordable options online for a new boiler (on monthly). I am actually hoping it is a boiler issue

What boiler make and model do you have now ?

Heating works fine ?

And there’s a copper pipe that leads outside is this damp when loosing pressure?

Aldo Worcester do a fixed price repair that will fix your issues around the £300 mark

Heating works fine ?

And there’s a copper pipe that leads outside is this damp when loosing pressure?

Aldo Worcester do a fixed price repair that will fix your issues around the £300 mark
That's great info about the repair. Thanks.

Heating kind of works ok. I fill the pressure and heaters will come on but it loses pressure after a few hours. Just checked the pipe that leads outside, seems to be dry but have identified where a peak is coming from. It's from the pipe that the locking key goes into

Eg where you fill it ?

Is it leaking from the right side ?

All the time or only when you fill it ?

Could be from a previous repair can you see where the condense drains into eg white plastic pipe on the far left eg first one

Could be the AAV inside the boiler leaking. Fairly common issue with Greenstars AIUI. Needs a registered (Gas Safe) engineer to take a look.

Reply to What do I do? Is this a boiler issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock