Discuss What does you do with these here things? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
IMG_0681.jpg

I thought it was for sticking in the larger end of a washing machine outlet hose to convert it to a small size. But I did that and it leaked. Is that what it's for? And if so what did I do wrong?

Interesting....

I picked up some of these in B&Q a couple of years ago thinking they would get me out of a tight spot one day but never found a use for them yet.

Again I'm not entirely sure what they are.

Its a safety butt plug, to let it breath incase it gets swallowed up.. bit like the hole in biro caps...

screw it in with silicone round it(into the washing machine hose that is not your butt)

Seam to know a lot about butt plugs System3 , is this from personal experience ?? :wink_smile:

So is that official method? Silicone? I don't doubt it would work. Just wondering. They don't come with any instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What does you do with these here things? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I realised yesterday that I now have a massive leak coming from the where the pipe below the sink goes into the wall. Every time water...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock