Discuss What is this please? It's connected between dishwasher and water supply. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thedivvy3

I have taken a photo (see below) of a whiteish coloured box connected between the water supply and a dishwasher, can someone tell me what it's for and what if any regs say they have to be fitted.

10012011076.jpg

Dishwasher is in a domestic/commercial kitchen in the UK.

Many thanks

i believe its the solenoid valve for the diswasher that opens when theres a demand for water.
a lot of manufacturers making them like this nowadays

Thanks, hadn't thought of that, makes sense now you mention it because it seems to be integral to the supply of the machine. It's a Miele if that helps.

Cheers

i've got one on mine always wondered what it was, now i know.

They call it an anti-leak device. The hose on Miele machines has a double skin,if water gets between the 2 layers,the unit senses it and a solenoid inside shuts off the water supply.I used to fit a lot of Miele in my former job and they were always very well built,usually twice the weight(and price!) of the usual models.

I find them a complete pain in the rear.. always end up taking it apart to pass it though the most sensible hole I can make!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is this please? It's connected between dishwasher and water supply. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a question, I want my flat to be separately connected to the mains water supply for water coming into my kitchen and bathroom instead of...
Replies
Views
I have a dishwasher that has a leak into the base that's tripping the flood switch. I tip the water out and the dishwasher works fine. I do...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock