Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss what should i be charging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
right then , im struggling on this one , did my oftec exams a few months ago , and now im registering with them , I do a lot of my own work after working for the company I do in the day, im already gas safe , and charge £60 for servicing a combi , I provide a cp12 with every service as advised to do by the gas safe inspector to cover my .... im happy at this price, takes me 70 mins max maybe , and that's being keen , tightness test and cert (smoke break in middle) , did my first proper oil one the other night, ok I might be slow to start off with but I was there for over 2 hours , and I was stinking of oil after!!!! charged 70 , and had to pay for nozzle , filter , and flexie, I was worse off than doing the gas! I charge £35 plus parts for a standard plumbing call . am I about right?

I charge £70 inc nozzle only anything else is extra. Around me that seems to be the going rate. But where I used to live the a company that I worked for charged £125 inc nozzle

You don't have to change the flexi every year as some of them are long life hoses so what I do is look at the condition of it and if it doesn't look perfect then I recommend a new one.

As for time you will get quicker although it still takes me over an hour.

Also don't fill out a cp12 for a service, you can get service sheets and then charge extra for a cp12 on top of service.

Going rate round our way is 45 for std boiler, 50 for combi, plus 5 for a steamer and then bits on top. 9.50 for a nozzle. Average is about 80 and takes about an hour or so.

My area is about £45 or £50 for a standard efficiency or a condensing oil boiler. Often that includes a new nozzle.
Boiler should take an hour to do full service if in good order, on an easy boiler. 90 minutes to 2 hours on a harder job or a condensing boiler. Combi you will be lucky to do them in 2 hours and best avoided.

Cant get anywhere near that here. Market just doesnt seem to bear it.

I've not had any question it so far, charging £100 for a fire and bbu.
Hourly rate is another one that's varies massively depending who you talk to

Where about a are you best? What about for gas servicing?

I wouldn't bother servicing oil boilers for £45-50. It's just not worth the hassle.

Even a spotless boiler takes a good hour to service then with a new nozzle as well and drive time to the job as its not very often an easy job to get to (especially round me) it can't be worth the money, I'd be better off working for a company!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what should i be charging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock