Search the forum,

Discuss What should the fall be for waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

I’ve a few questions and hope someone out there can help, all are for a domestic system not commercial.

What is the minimum and what is the preferred fall ratio for a toilet waste 110mm pipe?

I understand if its too steep solids can be left behind in the pipe, likewise if its too slight a fall.

What is the minimum and what is the preferred fall ratio for each of the following:

Basin waste 1¼" / 32mm pipe

Bath waste 1½" / 40mm pipe

Shower waste 1½" / 40mm pipe

My thanks to anyone who can help

Hi Guys

I’ve a few questions and hope someone out there can help, all are for a domestic system not commercial.

What is the minimum and what is the preferred fall ratio for a toilet waste 110mm pipe?

I understand if its too steep solids can be left behind in the pipe, likewise if its too slight a fall.

What is the minimum and what is the preferred fall ratio for each of the following:

Basin waste 1¼" / 32mm pipe

Bath waste 1½" / 40mm pipe

Shower waste 1½" / 40mm pipe

My thanks to anyone who can help

All of what you should need answers to should be in here.

Approved Document H | Part H - Drainage and Waste Disposal | Planning Portal

By the book its Basin 32 = 22mm /m (max1.7m run to stack)
Bath or shower 40 = 18 -90 mm/m max 3m to stack
It's the longer 110mm runs that fall is critical.
Deburring and smooth transition also important as fall imo

11/4-2” 15mm a m

4” 15mm- 25mm a m depending on if your fixed by anything

By the book its Basin 32 = 22mm /m (max1.7m run to stack)
Bath or shower 40 = 18 -90 mm/m max 3m to stack
It's the longer 110mm runs that fall is critical.
Deburring and smooth transition also important as fall imo

11/4-2” 15mm a m

4” 15mm- 25mm a m depending on if your fixed by anything

Cant decide if that helps morningcloud or not.:eek:

Mine are plumbing spec eg 1-40 and 1-110

Reply to What should the fall be for waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock