Search the forum,

Discuss What shower valve to replace this with... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
20141001_181911.jpg

It has now been changed to a combi so need rid of this power shower. But, it needs changing without altering the pipework by removing tiles and so on. So a quick fix

Your a bit stuck mutley whatever you do is gonna look pants if you don't remove any tiles

You can get vertical bar mixers, I think Triton do one, like has been said, whatever you do it will look naff.

If taking the tiles off isn't an option, then how about a Mira Excel EV (exposed valve) you can have the feeds enter from the bottom rather than the rear, then do pipe work in chrome. Also from memory you can switch the cartridge around inside them if the hot and colds are piped the wrong way round. Don't forget to file off chrome plating before putting back into those speedfit elbows though

Surely you just want to tell the customer though to just take off a couple of tiles so you can get a new valve in, or a couple of pipes turned out at 150 centres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What shower valve to replace this with... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
T
I am redoing my bathroom and not sure what the best way of doing my shower is which is in my bath, I want a rain shower and so I was thinking of using a thermostatic shower valve as I have removed the plasterboard to re tile (new build) and thought this is a good opportunity to do it, my...
Replies
Views
Thermostatic shower
T
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock