Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What's the going rate for Gas Safe Check/ Landlords Gas Safety Check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sneds

Hi i'm new to the forum as of yesterday ! i'm Gas Safe Registered ( Gas Safe No 556789 ) - Was wondering if any engineers have put the price up for Landlord Gas Safety checks and / or Boiler installations , due to the fact that its compulsary to commission boilers using flue analysers ?

If so , how much is the going rate?
I charge £50 for landlords gas check, using my analyser obviously , is this too much or too low ?
I been a Gas engineer for 15 years, but my own boss for 6 months, any feed back would be appreciated , thank you

How can i get into the forum for engineers only ????

I base mine on the upper end of what the others charge in the area ask about you'll soon find out don't undercut to get work because it will kick you in the rear one day

If you want a shock, go on gumtree and you'll see some are charging nowt more than corn money.

i made the mistake of going in cheap to get jobs, problem is when you realise your working for next to nothing you start to rush and get fustrated when you encounter something unexpected.

you need to make sure that there is some contingency in there so if a jobs taking longer than expected, hey it doesn't matter, cos thats why i quoted x amount.

now i just put the price in and they can take it or leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's the going rate for Gas Safe Check/ Landlords Gas Safety Check in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock