Search the forum,

Discuss What's your best (worst) drainage mishap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyswamp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had a few brown spots on the face and such from a blocked 4" line which was at head height and no way of rodding or plunging, so had to remove screwed access plug and get a shower

Best I've seen was changing a cast stack (3 floors) on the old BT building next to Cardiff arms park (now demolished for Millenium stadium, which despite notices on all floors, w/c's were still being used

This wasn't really a problem as you could here the rumble in the open ended pipe and retreat

Or as my mentor found out, if you didn't here it but you're apprentice did and didn't tell you, you may get messy

So I heard the rumble, looked at Paul, who was deep in thought about his next fitting and oblivious to what was about to come his way from 3 floors above

The brown and white mess exploded onto the pillar that used to carry the cast pipe, then rebounded Pauls way

Whilst screaming AAAAARRRRRGH he left his teeth ever so slightly exposed and they received a bit of the brown and white camouflaged look

His face also caught quite a bit of it, and me being about 17 and fully matured, I duly fell about laughing hysterically at the sight of him with a very uncomfortable grin on his face (among other stuff)

Indeed, I laughed so hard I threw up, I'm not sure if it was the smell or the sight

Lucky for me, he was very understanding

Was just finishing up after a dirty job on a sani and the customer thought he was being helpful by turning the power back on next door in the bedroom but he wasn`t and the thing discharged in my face.

Threw him the van keys to get my spare set of clothes for me then asked where the shower was.

Another one was ............

Had the fuse from the fused spur in my pocket and whilst taking the lid off the sani it discharged cold water and bleach in my face.

I won't go near toilets or other designated brown locations.

It takes me all my time to snap the Missus'es king richards in half with fence post to get them past the U.

I aint doing others or their drains lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Oddly enough my worst was also a blocked Sani...

Turned up to a rented propery where the stupid bastids had carried on using the loo after Sani blocked. Toilet full to the brim, liquid poo 1 cm deep on the floor. Lovely.

Me, not having much knowledge of Sanis, thinks I'll disconnect the outlet pipe to help make some space to lift the lid. Blockage was actually in the pipe, a fair way downstream. As soon as I undid the elbow, the Sani kicked in and I was sprayed.

Luckily the shower cubicle was right next to me. Climbed in, fully dressed, rinsed off as best I could. went home soaking wet and threw my clothes away.

Then the cheeky fecker tenant rang me to ask whether I was cleaning his bathroom up as part of the job!

Back in the day when I was an apprentice, We were doing a boiler change, I was fitting a towel rail in the bathroom. I came over a bit clammy.. gut cramps.. hmmm perfect opportunity for a crafty sh it I thought.

Anyway I flushed the monster, bout 60 secs later I clearly hear disgruntled cursing.. Turns out the council were using a drain cam to find a rat infestation.. Well too be fair they had told us earlier but I forgot.. naturally I ran upstairs absolutely crying with laughter to tell the gaffer.

They found a rat that day anyway haha

When I was an apprentice we were putting in a new toilet in an office block. We put sign on the door saying do not use and I started cutting into the existing with hacksaw. Just as I get right through and pull it out some dude who flushed the bog and I was covered In the runny yellow stuff. My boss ran straight up there to give him some grief but the guy was really ill and just couldn't hold it in bless him!

Can't understand the mindset of people carrying on using the loo when it's already overflowing. Dirty buggers...

Me neither, it can`t be their only toilet by law. Heard of one guy from the company who turned up to see that and 3 guys sitting there laughing so he turned right around and walked!

Any plumbers here in Oxford?

Somewhere off the Cowley road is a house separated in to 2 flats (upstairs & downstairs) the sani downstairs is also fed from the flat upstairs, very nearly got caught out there once.

Can't understand the mindset of people carrying on using the loo when it's already overflowing. Dirty buggers...

I shut down a cubicle in judges area of courts once, put out of order signs up and turned water off. Agh sweet jesus when i got back two days later it was backed up so much you'd have thought toilet was at a festival!

drilled through a casts tack to see if it was blocked as there were no manhole access es anywhere, it was, 3 stories of liquid **** spurting over the wall onto the neighbours new patio................. ho hum off I run............... took ages to get rid of the stink and stain

Last edited by a moderator:
My very first involvement with plumbing (before I was in the business) involved a Saniflo.

When Mrs S and I were first married, we lived with her parents, whilst we saved the deposit on a flat.

Her younger brother was just discovering sex, and I took it upon myself to advise on the subject of contraception. What I failed to realise was just how toxic was the combination of Messrs Durex finest, when disposed via Messrs Saniflo's appliance. The capacity of the macerator shaft to accommodate every more stretched rubber is almost (but not quite) infinite. There comes a point when the former surrenders to the latter.

At that point, in an entirely misguided attempt to protect my young BiL from the consequences of his actions had his (devoutly Catholic) parents discovered his miscreancy, I ended up head down in a Saniflo.

One three consecutive Sundays.

One the third occasion, there was a full and frank exchange of views. I may have speculated about shoving someone's over-active appendage directly into the macerator. At my time of life, memory plays tricks. Perhaps I merely gently remonstrated with the youngster.

Who can say?

My very first involvement with plumbing (before I was in the business) involved a Saniflo.

When Mrs S and I were first married, we lived with her parents, whilst we saved the deposit on a flat.

Her younger brother was just discovering sex, and I took it upon myself to advise on the subject of contraception. What I failed to realise was just how toxic was the combination of Messrs Durex finest, when disposed via Messrs Saniflo's appliance. The capacity of the macerator shaft to accommodate every more stretched rubber is almost (but not quite) infinite. There comes a point when the former surrenders to the latter.

At that point, in an entirely misguided attempt to protect my young BiL from the consequences of his actions had his (devoutly Catholic) parents discovered his miscreancy, I ended up head down in a Saniflo.

One three consecutive Sundays.

One the third occasion, there was a full and frank exchange of views. I may have speculated about shoving someone's over-active appendage directly into the macerator. At my time of life, memory plays tricks. Perhaps I merely gently remonstrated with the youngster.

Who can say?

Had a posh lady watching me very closely once who asked "What are all those rubber bands you keep removing?", told her to ask her son. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's your best (worst) drainage mishap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I now have evidence that Worcester installers truly believe that they (the individual) are the best thing since sliced bread! Chap I know loosely through previous employment and the merchants is a Worcester enthusiast. He's in my face book news feed and regularly promotes his business via that...
Replies
Views
L
just got back from a terrifying ride in daughters mini cooper!! bout 1/4 of an hour ago, she flies into my comfy retreat, DAD theres someone breaking into your van!!!!!!!!!!, so mad rhino is out of his chair in his wooly slippers, grabbing car keys on the way out of the door on his way to the...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
C
Hi, First post here, so please be easy on me... and apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place!.... Our office landlord has just installed a new kitchen. I think the work is substandard; I was hoping you could take a look at these images and confirm whether my opinion is reasonable or not...
Replies
Views
curious1
C
E
Hi there, we have been experiencing major problems in the previous 3 months regarding a leak which is causing havoc in our and our upstairs neighbours flats. We are both private tenants within a 5 storey high council block of flats, we occupy the 2nd and 3rd floors, our neighbours the 4th and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock