Discuss Where can I find British Standards ( for boiler flue instalation ) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
just playing devil's advocate here........

What did the standards say at the time the boiler was installed?
It probably said don't stick a flue under a window or words to that affect and also something about don't let numpties fit it.

probably Tamz, but you have to wonder with two of them like that. And there's no way either of them's been serviced and nothing been said up to now.

Looks lhey have been fitted by the builder when the house was done up Cropps. Probably anybody servicing it has never bothered to look which is very worrying.

THE BOILER IS OFF NOW.THANK YOU ALL.#croppie that is what I am thinking about! were they allowed to install it few cm under the window ?and so close to the wall???? Still searching the web...and can not find the answer

It was never allowed to be installed like that.

This is what it says in the BS

Where two or more vertical fanned draught chimney configurations
terminate in close proximity at the same height, they shall be separated
by at least 300 mm. Where any one vertical outlet is more than 300 mm
above the other, then they shall be separated by at least 1 500 mm.

Where any vertical fanned draught chimney configuration outlets is
within 2 000 mm measured horizontally of an opening window, then it
shall be at least 300 mm above the opening.

Nicko, Vaillant say this with regards to flue positioning (Page 14 of the boiler mi's)

Fluing.JPG

So now my question is how it was passing gas inspections?for around 15 years!!!!! Or more??? Who is responsible for such a huge negligence ?

Last edited by a moderator:
typicall house owners never have the boilers serviced they are vailants of a certain age and have probably never gone wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where can I find British Standards ( for boiler flue instalation ) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock