Discuss Where can i get spare spindle parts for bastow taps? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

HI folks, hoping to pick your brains. My bathrooms have Bastow tapware in federation style. House was built 1997, so these are 25 years old now. The spindle has a screw on shaft, that I assume lets them have just one type of spindle and then change the shaft for different colours - gold in my case. The internally threaded end of the shaft that screws onto the spindle has split so I need to replace that shaft. I cant find any reference to just these shafts anywhere on the interwebs, so wondering if anyone knows where I can buy one - or will have have to replace the entire spindle?

spindle shaft.jpg

Araldite seems to be holding well, so I think we can call this one closed because I've probably eliminated any option to replace the shaft now anyway, as removing the old one and all the araldite without messing up the remaining threads would be harder than just replacing the spindle ...

Reply to Where can i get spare spindle parts for bastow taps? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The isolation valve connected directly to our toilet fill valve has started to leak (I assume the washer has deteriorated). I'd like to get a...
Replies
Views
First of all I have to confess I am not a plumber so please bear with me! I have a Daryl enclosed shower in an ensuite bathroom. It was already...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm...
Replies
Views
I have recently brought new mondella pin lever 1/4 turn ceramic taps - Mondella Black Resonance Pin Lever Wall Top Assembly -...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock