Discuss Which Worcester Bosch Boiler For Our Home? Please Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Is Bazzy the house owner or the caretaker? Post#3 confuses the issue.

Hi rpm!

Being the youngest male in a dogmatically female dominated house, I am the general expendable dogsbody who gets lumbered with doing all the research & enquiries but like many males in my situation, can only make suggestions - the real decision making power lies with them - if I get it right, the glory goes to them & if I get it wrong, then my head is in the chopping block - it's not a fair world!

Bazzy!

Hi Ron,

All points clearly heard & understood - no way would I consider some one from Gumtree either!

I take it you mean't to say ATAG is "Not" a bad choice over is one?!!

I am quite worried about doing a powerflush tbh 0ur pipework has not been treated in a very long time & if any joints/seals give way under all the floorboards, we would be in real trouble but again, my true understanding of power-flushing is limited!

I would rather take out each Radiator & flush it manually with a hose in the garden whilst also doing a thorough chemical clean of the pipework that you mentioned. Our Rads bar a few are quite old - approaching 15-18 years so may even consider replacing them with more modern, efficient ones if that is a good option.

Where in London are you may I ask - I am in NW London - is that doable for you? You are more than welcome to come round & take a look & we can have a chat - that would be great! can you supply & fit everything once you have had a chance to take a look?

Pity about being only offered the Spirotech Filters - I really wanted to use the Fernox Omega I already purchased - I really do not like the Spirotech ones after seeing videos of how very poorly they performed! How much do they want/charge for their Spirotech Filter to get the extra warranty?

Feel free to get in touch if allowed - most welcome!

Many Kind Thanks!

Atag is not a bad choice, that’s correct in fact it has a passive flue gas heat recovery unit which will re use the old flue gases to pre heat the incoming mains cold water within the boiler which will reduce the amount of gas consumption.

It would be a bad idea of changing some of your radiators when installing a new system. If your budget allows you to change them that would be the right time. Perhaps, if you haven’t got yet thermostatic radiator valves installed that would be another recommendation from my site.

I am in E- London perhaps about 40min away from you. However, it would be doable for me to visit you and perhaps talk the works over. I do not think spirotech is done poorly in fact I believe they are done quite good. For example I would recommend of installing a deaerator to take the micro bubbles out of the system. I find them very good and they have got long warranties too. I probably would do a chemical flush Instead but it will need to be checked how dirty your system actually is.

Regards

Ron

Atag is not a bad choice, that’s correct in fact it has a passive flue gas heat recovery unit which will re use the old flue gases to pre heat the incoming mains cold water within the boiler which will reduce the amount of gas consumption.

It would be a bad idea of changing some of your radiators when installing a new system. If your budget allows you to change them that would be the right time. Perhaps, if you haven’t got yet thermostatic radiator valves installed that would be another recommendation from my site.

I am in E- London perhaps about 40min away from you. However, it would be doable for me to visit you and perhaps talk the works over. I do not think spirotech is done poorly in fact I believe they are done quite good. For example I would recommend of installing a deaerator to take the micro bubbles out of the system. I find them very good and they have got long warranties too. I probably would do a chemical flush Instead but it will need to be checked how dirty your system actually is.

Regards

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks kindly again & advising about the Rads! Do you have that fancy FLIR thermal Imaging Camera that can see inside the rads for sludge etc? It would give me a good idea what the insides are kind of like!

I saw a video on Youtube where a team of Plumbers did two runs of a PowerFlush & 2 x Magnacleanses but even then, they had to physically take the rads off & flush them manually outside with a hose & it was incredible the amount of sludge & crud that still came out even after 2 x Powerflushes & 2 x Magnacleanses!

Our's have not had anything done in about 15-20 years but last time I checked a couple of years ago, the water was still coming out clear when I had to bleed them - I wonder if any sludge that might there might have no solidified inside the rads or is this not possible?

Someone also told me that due to the age of the rads, even though they look perfectly normal on the exterior, they are probably rusted badly inside - is this likely?

Just another question if I can so I can try & learn/understand - on the Valliant 938 the internal tank is I think 18L/20L but on the Viessmann 111-W, it is 46L which is more than double - what are the advantages/benefits of this as well as the downsides?

I ask as it seems quite a huge difference & sizes & there must be a reason why Valliant chose to put a smaller 18L/20L tank & Viessmann a much larger 46L one? Would not the larger one be better/offer more performance etc?

I have sent you a PM regarding meeting up & your checking things out!

Many Kind Thanks!
Bazzy!

Check out the viessman 111 that is wall hung and has Internal hot water store. Before you go with vaillant check out common faults ,in my experience the ecotec boilers had problems with pressure sensors,gas valves,pcb,thermal link in heat exchangers ,leaking diverter valves ect . Not sure that's the same with the new models . In my opinion WB have the best customer service and offer 10 y gauruntee not warantee no quibble as long as the boiler was installed by an accredited installer and serviced every year . If the pipe work and old radiators are not in good order I would be very careful about pressurising the system, new pipes and rads best option .

Check out the viessman 111 that is wall hung and has Internal hot water store. Before you go with vaillant check out common faults ,in my experience the ecotec boilers had problems with pressure sensors,gas valves,pcb,thermal link in heat exchangers ,leaking diverter valves ect . Not sure that's the same with the new models . In my opinion WB have the best customer service and offer 10 y gauruntee not warantee no quibble as long as the boiler was installed by an accredited installer and serviced every year . If the pipe work and old radiators are not in good order I would be very careful about pressurising the system, new pipes and rads best option .
The Vaillant 938 has the same built in storage which supplies up 20l. Basically you will never run out of hot water and is definitely made for such a property. Never came across issues you have mentioned unless the boiler had been miss treated and not serviced. Aftercare is down to each individual and I can only say I had very bad experience with Worcester Bosch and therefore would not recommend them. Vaillant has a spot on aftercare and supplying 10 years of warranty too with an accredited engineer and Vaillant protection kit.

Everyone has their own favourite manufacturers. However, if it comes to quality Vaillant is by far the best boiler. Vaillant isnt without a reason market leader for many many years. Vaillant is known for their innovative and efficient products, for intelligent smart controls and top service. Moreover known for comfort and good design.
Brands like saunier duval, awb, glow worm, bulex or protherm as well as demir döküm are a very important market portfolio for Vaillant group. Those brands are justified for the demand and middle class prices and stand for uncomplicated and reliable heating technology.

Hi All,

A very happy new year to all!

I just wish to express to very sincere & deep gratitude to all here for helping me out - I am so grateful & have learned quite a bit!

A special thanks to Matchless.plumb/Ron for really being a top bloke & for the consistent help & advice given - Ron, I would be more than happy to buy you a beer or few - just let me know when!

Due to the extreme pressure we were under at being without hot water over the Xmas/New Year period & with lack of availability of plumbers during this period & that we could not really wait much longer - we finally made a choice!

I had some installers come round from Valiant/Viessman etc but some of their install quotes were just eye wateringly high tbh. Maybe it was a seasonal thing - I do not know.

Initially, I was deeply considering the Valiant 938 (as very strongly recommended by Ron) & the Viessmann 111-W each of which have in built storage tanks at 20L & 46L respectively.

It was a very close call but I was at the mercy of time & installer availability as well as finding one who would install at a reasonable cost.

As things turned out, I was able to get a very good deal on a Viessmann 222-F Boiler with the built in 130L Tank as recommended earlier here but had to act quickly to secure it so I went ahead. I also was able to finally find a Viessmann Trained Installer who is also Gas Safe Registered who gave me a much more reasonable install quote compared to others.

Unfortunately Ron, I just could not wait for your return from Germany as I was getting just too much grief from the others in the house otherwise I would have loved for you to give a quote/do the install.

I was able to get the 222-F with Weather Compensation for really not much more than a 111-W or 938 & even with the install costs added, it was still working out cheaper than the quotes I had for the 111-W & 938 and since we had the space to accommodate the 222-F decided to go for it as we just could not wait any longer.

Thanks again deeply to all who have helped me & to Matchless.plumb/Ron, I am sorry I did not go with the Valliant 938 you very kindly & honestly steered me to but I hope you can forgive me & still feel I have got a good boiler & a good deal?

Many Kind Thanks,
Bazzy!

Great pic the 222 is the best of the best

Any install pics ?

Hi Bazzy,
I wish you all the best and don’t you worry about not giving me the opportunity. I am happy you came on here and we all couldn’t be a very good help to you. We are happy that someone comes back and gives a detailed update which is quite rare. However, you have choosen a top Boiler to be fair you cannot go wrong with either one of them. I would be delighted to get some updates from you when the install has finished! Thank you for letting us all know and good luck for the installation Bazzy! Thank you for offering the beer but I do not drink any type of alcohol :) but it is much appreciate it. We are happy to help !!!

Reply to Which Worcester Bosch Boiler For Our Home? Please Help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock