Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss White plastic pipe with non-JG end caps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Need to join onto them to run supplies to a basin.

They end caps are not speedfit. Possibly pipe life or plumb sure or one of the others. Customer doesn't know.

My question is - Since I can't tell what make the plastic pipe is - how do I know what inserts to use on pipe if joining on with speedfit or metal compression fittings?

Even if I can identify brand of push-fit I won't know for sure brand of pipe. It's just 4 inches of white plastic pipe sticking out of a wall.

Is it only hep that HAS to have it's own inserts before converting to other fittings?

Should I just wack in speedfit inserts and hope for the best?

An insert just keeps the shape of the pipe correct and round in the fitting and stops any distortion,as long as insert is a snug fit you will be ok what ever make,would join onto compression if you do not know make of pipe as fittings can matter

imho

dont use JG superseal ones with the compression fittings though - they do normal plastic inserts for that.

i find jg inserts work with all barrier pipe but other inserts sometimes are loose in some pipes.

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to White plastic pipe with non-JG end caps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock