Search the forum,

Discuss woodburner c&h sytem control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keith lancer

Hi. I live in Portugal and have just had fitted a well known English made wood burner with back boiler and central heating system. The system gets warm but not hot, the same with the domestic water. The system seems to cycle very quickly, domestic pump kicks in at 46 and ch pump at 55deg. The heat goes up to 57deg then drops back to 46deg so nothing really gets hot. This happens over 8 or ten minutes and repeats. I AM NOT A PLUMBER but as language is a problem any help would be very well recieved. I do understand that a flue damper needs to be fitted I understand the safety issues but is this likely to be a control problem? Ant suggestions would help

The hot water should be gravity on 28mm circs using 2 connections from the stove tboe and the heating will be pumped. You have a pipe stat/cylinder stat set so that once you have satisfied the cylinder then the heat is dissapated through the radiators.

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

many thanks.I will meet with him on Monday and will ask the question. Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to woodburner c&h sytem control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, we have a water circulation pump to bring hot water from our woodburning stove and send it to a thermal accumulator tank. We've just started our second season and it's broken. I thought these were meant to last 10 - 15 years? We don't have a domestic water supply - we use water from our...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several hours studying my hot water system. My flat has a vented hot water system supplying hot water to the kitchen and bathroom taps. The pump is a Stuart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock